Trading software

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday, 19th May 2010

Starting bank: €1000 (beginning of May 2010)
Target for end May: €1050
Today’s opening bank: €1116.17
Today’s closing bank: €11160.49
Today's profit: €44.32
Today’s turnover: €22,206.14


I was minding my daughter yesterday (Tuesday) so I didn’t do any trading but we had a nice day out at the park following a visit to the graveyard to see my old man’s grave. He loved his racing and betting and I often wonder what he’d make of all this trading lark! He’d a good head for sums though, so I’d say he would have found it interesting.

Today was another excellent day on paper with a profit of €44.32 but it wasn’t stress free…

My Internet connection (Eircom Broadband) went down for no reason while I had some positions open. I got quite panicked as I was potentially exposed for around €300. The race went off and I didn’t know my fate. Eventually, I found my USB stick (Meteor) and got a connection again. Thankfully most of a counter-trade had gone in and I only lost €1.55. I also was a little bold by letting two races go in-running so I’m a little disappointed with myself over that. One race cost me around 19 quid and the other won me as much so it balanced out but I shouldn’t have let it happen.

Now that I’m starting to use bigger sums of money, I’m going to have to think of having a back-up connection at all times as a break in connection can leave me open for a very big loss.

Still, the rest of the day went smoothly and this puts me well ahead target-wise. In fact, I’ve now cleared my target for May, June and July so I may need to reset some targets. That said, I’ve a lot on in June/July so I won’t be trading so much in them months and it may balance out.

Once again, I’ve a few bits and pieces to do later so I’m not going to bother with the evening stuff.

I’m looking forward to the next few days as I’m heading into the trading room in the IFSC to try some in-running stuff. I done it before and made some money at it - but it’s been a while so I'll start with small stakes.

I’ll still be trading pre-race and so I’ll record that separately as the in-running stuff is not really trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment