Trading software

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Caught out with no stop loss

The Challenge: to increase my trading bank by 5% per month.

The story so far...

Starting bank: €1,000 (beginning of May 2010)
Target for end August: €1,215.51
Today’s opening bank: €1,412.66
Today’s closing bank: €1,433.51
Today's profit: €20.85
Today's turnover: €13, 817.41



****

I haven't had the chance to trade in a while with work so I was happy to make twenty quid today. I only had three losing races from 20 which was OK although one of them was significant at €17.80.

The loss of €17.80 was a mistake - I had opened a new page on Betting Assistant and forgot to set my stop loss of 5 ticks. It's a little annoying as the loss would have been a fiver if I'd had a stop loss in place but I guess it's a reminder to stick to my checklist when opening a trade.

But overall, I'm reasonably happy with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment