Trading software

Friday, February 11, 2011

Oil, poker and my office

I see the price of crude oil, or 'black gold' as some people call it, has dropped back down to around $86 a barrel following the news that Hosni Mubarak has stepped down in Egypt. That country is not a huge producer or anything but there is a major pipeline along the Suez Canal which may have been under a slight threat. I feel I’ve missed a trick with Oil – I bought it at $88 a few weeks ago and promised myself I’d hold until it hit $99. For some reason, I got jitters when the price dropped to around $84 and I sold out for a small loss. Kicking myself now for not holding on as it rose to over $100 when all the hassle was going on in Egypt – although it’s a commodity I’m still learning about so the stakes were not huge. 

I was chatting to some mates the other night and they’ve agreed to help me learn how to play poker. I’m not sure if I’d ever be able to make it pay but it’s something I’ve always wanted to learn so we are going to starting arranging some poker nights in the near future. In the meantime, I’m trying to read up online and learn as much as I can. Man, there’s a lot of sites out there on Poker!  I’m trying to find some sites and forums that are not too hard on newbies like me – some are better than others. Some are very friendly whereas others are just downright rude! I guess it’s like that with all forums and I’ll eventually settle in somewhere while learning. Poker Junkie looks like a good spot for help and debate so I’ve been doing a bit of reading up on that site. There are a few others out there and I’m trying to get to grips with each of the bonus deals before I sign up to any sites. I have to say I’m also looking forward to having an old style (offline) poker session. The lads used to do this a while back where they would grab a nice bottle of whiskey and take turns in each house. I never went as I didn’t know how to play but hopefully I can change all that soon. Just have to try to learn the ropes first so they don't rip me off!

Still haven’t started on my office – I haven’t had much time lately but being honest, I’ve been a bit lazy. I’m going to head out to IKEA one of these days to get some furniture and then it’s just a matter of painting the place up a bit. It’s only a small room so it shouldn’t take too long. 

External sites:



GOLD TURTLE TRADERS SYSTEM:  £200 STARTING BANK NOW £6,490



No comments:

Post a Comment