Trading software

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Frankel, Wall Street, S&P, So You Think

Had a pretty large bet on Frankel today and I have to say I got a scare. I argued yesterday in favour of backing short prices (when appropriate) but the old ticker was pumping when Queally let him go, a bit early it seems. In fairness, he only hit 1/2 in-running so there probably wasn't too much to worry about but I had a fair whack on so I felt relief afterwards. What next? The Juddmonte I'd guess, but I'm not so sure about a mile and a quarter.   Cecil mentioned meeting Goldikova/Canford Cliffs  - what an awesome race that would be!

Regarding the trading, I sold Wall Street and the S&P 500 yesterday hoping that they would drop a bit - I was basing it on some fundamentals but mainly the momentum strategy. Unfortunately, both rose today so as you can see in the picture below, I'm currently in the red of about €122 overall. I have stop-losses in place so I'm not hugely concerned but it would be nice for both to fall over the next few days!



I guess the banker for most at Royal Ascot tomorrow is So You Think. As I write, he's trading around 1.43 which is probably about right. I had him chalked up at 1.4 so technically, I should have a bet since it's a couple of ticks higher than my tissue. What I may try do though, is trade that race and try to get a green book on SYT. I'll have a bit more of a look later. Australians, of course, know all about the former Bart Cummings animal and how talented he is - his Irish races haven't done him any justice whatsoever as yet so it'll be good to see the five-year-old in action at Ascot.



No comments:

Post a Comment