Trading software

Friday, January 13, 2012

A bad streak - or the end of a lucky one?

Still doing the form study but it has taken a bit of a dive lately which is annoying. When you are losing money, confidence dips and you can't help wondering if my previous good results were somewhat lucky and maybe this is the norm.

But deep down I don't think so and reckon it will turn around. There's certainly nothing happening that can't be expected now and then based on my strike rate.

I had a few reasonable priced bets get beat by very narrow margins but that's part of the game. 

But it's bloody typical - I decided to start proofing my bets to a website and as soon as I did, I hit the bad streak. Lady luck can be an arsehole when she wants to be!

I'm down to €225 profit to a €10 stake - the high before Christmas was €316 (mid December).

Anyhow, I'll keep plugging away - I've three bets for today so I'll see how that goes:



Don't take those as tips by the way! This is still very much a work in progress.

As of today, the stats are:


Bets: 138
Wins: 68
Strike rate: 49%
ROI: 16.25%
Average Betfair SP: 3.09
Longest sequence of winners in a row: 7
Longest sequence of losers in a row: 5
Profit to a €10 stake at Betfair SP (assuming commission is 5%): €225.90

Below is a chart which tracks my progress to date. 

Click here to subscribe to this blog.

Claimed your free €30/£25 bet yet?  If not, why not? Click here for more.   

 










No comments:

Post a Comment