Trading software

Monday, June 25, 2012

Marathon training

Went for a 15K run yesterday as I start to prepare for running the marathon in October. My legs are a bit sore today but it wasn't as hard as I thought and didn't take too long. On Sunday, I'll probably try 20 to 25K.  Interestingly, I came across this site today which has marathons of 100K

http://www.forestmarathon.com/news.html

100K ?? My God!   Seems mental, but then again, ye never know what the future holds...

 I didn't do any punting on Sunday but it wasn't a bad day on Saturday with my main bet for the Indo, Sea Moon, winning at 3/1.

A quiet day today with just on inplay trade:



1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the running! Just be careful you don't increase the miles too quickly. Rest is an important part of any training plan, so make sure you take some time out each week for your body to repair and adapt to the new demands you are placing on it. I would only increase the distance by a max of 10% a week! 33% is a big increase!

    Do a google search for 'Runners World marathon training plan' there is plenty of info there and you will find one that suits your aims.

    If you ever consider a longer race, I can highly recommend the Comrades marathon, it is 56 very hilly miles in South Africa but the best race I have ever done. You won't find another as good IMO.

    Leonthefixer.

    ReplyDelete