Trading software

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Time to take stock


Oh, The grand old Duke of York,
He had ten thousand men;
He marched them up to the top of the hill,
And he marched them down again.

And when they were up, they were up,
And when they were down, they were down,
And when they were only half-way up,
They were neither up nor down.



I've decided to temporarily suspend the inplay trades for a while until I get a chance to go through them with a fine tooth comb. As you can see, they started off brilliantly and went on a big upward curve but in recent weeks, they kinda fell off the cliff. I was marched right up the hill, and then came back down. I'm still in profit of around €80 to a €10 stake but having been up over €300 at one stage, I don't feel too satisfied with that anymore, considering how much effort and time is going into this. So I'm going to check out my records to check things like whether laying at 50pc is the best option, what races do and don't work etc. etc. I'll post any findings here and perhaps pick up the €500 challenge later on:



With regard to the Dutching, the 100 bet trial came to an end. CLICK HERE FOR MORE. I'm glad I beat the books and made a profit although it was nothing spectacular. I'll keep doing these myself at home for another 100 bets or so and see what comes up. 

Regarding the traditional back bets, I also hope to review those again this week. They are just about in front at the moment but have done precious little lately. Here's today's bet anyway:



Now that the bank holiday weekend etc is out of the way, I'm going to start getting up at 6am again. I was up that early this morning and it's amazing how much you can get done from 6am to 8am. I'll drop my daughter to school for 9am and then I'll go for a run. I'm still trying to keep fit and am meeting my goals on that front. Going running is great - it ensures I'm not sluggish during the day but also ensures I'm tired enough in the evenings to go to bed at about 12. Six hours sleep is enough for me at night although I know that eight is recommended. But as a man once said, sleeping is the closest thing you can do to being dead, so you don't want to be doing too much of it. 

I've made it my business to start trading the financials again from this week - I was doing well at that but kinda got out of it for a while. I've had a look but can't find any trades today but I'll keep my eyes peeled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment