Trading software

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday

Very sad news today in that jockey Campbell Gillies had died while away on holiday.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=181960

 Like a lot of us, he came onto my radar when riding Brindisi Breeze to victory at Cheltenham this year. So sad, only 21 years of age.

  I was also watching the funeral of another young man on the news yesterday, James Nolan, the Irish football fan who drowned while at the Euros.

You go from day to day thinking you have problems but when you see how life can be taking away so quickly, it puts things into perspective. To see young people pass away like that is just so tragic. By all accounts, they were both lovely blokes.


RIP to both.


I've no inplay trades today, just a couple of back bets:


With regard to the financial trading, it really is a case of trying to grab a couple of points here and there and not get taken out on any bad news. Last night it emerged that yet another country, Cyprus, has requested a bailout. While Cyprus is small, it shows that the rot has spread all through Europe and it's only a matter of time before we have to face the devil  on this one. What the future holds for the currency and the union is anyone's guess.

Gold trades around $1585 for an ounce - that meant I got stopped out when it dropped down to $1600. It's a bit of a bummer to get stopped out but I bought it turned out to be the right thing to do and I made 45pts on it regardless.  I'm flat on gold with no strong opinion at the moment, if it drops back down around $1550 and there's no sign of an end to the ongoing drama in the financial markets, I may buy a bit again.

The price of gold - daily chart:

3 comments:

  1. Been meaning to post for a while to say that I enjoy reading your posts about the financial trading.

    Could I ask who you use to do your trades and what charting software you use?

    Perhaps a potential blog post on your setup for financial trading, I don't think I have seen one already?

    Keep on blogging, you aren't talking to yourself lol!

    Cheers,

    Leonthefixer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments, good to know there's someone out there!

    I trade with Marketspreads.ie and I use the charting package provided with the account - it's quite good and has plenty of advanced options and all the usual bells and whistles.

    As regards posting about my setup - can you elaborate a bit more?

    Kind regards,

    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just meaning in terms of the software etc you use but you have answered that thanks.

    Cheers,

    Leonthefixer.

    ReplyDelete