Trading software

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Frankel & FTSE, DOW and FOREX trading

I mentioned a strategy some time back which I read in Mastering the Tradethat basically looks for the end of a short term bull or bear run. It has pointed to some trades today and I've sold the FTSE, bought the USD/CAD and sold the DOW.  Yesterday's sell on the S&P500 is still open.

These trades generally last only a few days so I'll report back with my P&L soon. 


In the racing, wasn't Frankel just amazing?



Can you imagine if he went for the Arc? I doubt it would happen but after yesterday's race, I'm strongly thinking of going to Ascot in October to see his last race. He's not just the horse of a generation, he's the horse of a century and it would be a shame if I didn't make the effort to go see him.

With the form study bets, I've just one for today but it's a really short price unfortunately, probably about 1/2. Here's Timeform's commets:

5.15 Tipp - Line Drummer
Derby entry who has shown fair form on both starts to date, still green when third to Thunder Mountain at Galway last time, hanging badly left. Looks the one to beat.


Elsewhere, Amazing Valour looks worthy of a punt in the 3.50 at Ffos Las. He won at Southwell the other day so carries a penalty but I reckon he's still a few pounds ahead of the handicapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment