Trading software

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

George Soros trading, Manchester United shares, Apple shares


A couple of interesting stories on some shares I've been keeping an eye on: MANU and APPLE
Firstly, Manchester United. It appears that George Soros, the legendary Hungarian-born trader that made over a billion when his fund 'broke the bank of England' on black Wednesday, has bought shares in the football club. 


I suggested recently that they could be a sell and the price has dropped down to around $13 but it will be interesting to see if the Soros news will give it a bit of a lift. On the pitch, they weren't great last night to be honest!

Elsewhere, APPLE has become the largest company in trading history. I'm glad I chickened out a while back and didn't sell - I would have got burned fairly bad and I think I dodged a bullet by being cautious. The price rise has been fairly dramatic recently:



While they haven't yet announced it, it seems they have new iPhones and iPads on the way. While I'm still too much of a chicken to make a call on the price, I'll continue to watch with interest. 


No luck yesterday in the racing - I've just one bet for today. She has fairly strong claims but I reckon I'll be lucky to get even-money:

5.10 Sligo - Dorothy Parker
Filly by Mujadil who cost just €5,000 as a yearling. Couple of promising efforts over 5f at Curragh earlier this year and looks to hold strong claims provided not ring rusty after 4 months off since.

No comments:

Post a Comment