Trading software

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday's bets, trading silver and gold, Apple shares

I've a couple of bets on the form study today, here's what Timeform have to say about each:

4.55 Ballinrobe - Missunited
Dual bumper winner who made a successful hurdling debut at Listowel in June. Encouraging second to Oilily in maiden at Leopardstown on Flat debut and reproduction of that should be enough.

7.10 Sedge - Dream Risk
Not been with current yard long and ran out easy winner of 2m Worcester conditionals handicap last week. No penalty to carry here and obvious claims.

Earlier, Flying Doctor (4.40 Sedgefield) looks fairly well in under a penalty and could be worth a couple of shekels.

***


I woke up this morning to see my open trades in profit to the tune of €52.40:



This is good news as it was showing a loss the other day. Both the S&P500 trade and the CAS/USD trade hit their trailing stop loss and got me out at break-even on each. As you can see, the Brent Crude Oil is performing particularly well and I'm hoping it drops further so I can move my stop loss down to a certain win situation.

This morning, I've sold gold (something I rarely do!) and also sold silver at 1660.10 and 30.65 respectively. It feels a bit strange selling gold as it's something I'm bullish on in the long term. It's also something I've made money from buying in the past but I kinda feel this particular rise has ran out of steam for now.

Of course, things may change later this week at Jackson Hole (a US financial summit) but for now, I'm a little bearish on metals.

Apple Shares hit another all-time high yesterday and are currently around $675. As mentioned before, I haven't been involved but the rise has been unreal. I still worry about the lack of new products but Samsung took a real blow. When it will run out of steam is anyone's guess.

Apple's two-year price chart from Yahoo finance:



***

With regard to the marathon training, I haven't got too much done recently as I've been busy with other stuff. I'm going to go for a 4K run this morning but when the schools are back next week, I'll have a better routine and should be running again 3-4 times per week.

Best of luck with your betting and trading today.

Click here to subscribe to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment