Trading software

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday's betting tips

Click here to subscribe to this blog

A great day yesterday with three winners on the horses - two of them were odds-on but I made a nice few bob out of Flying Doctor which was available around the 3/1 mark on the machine. The gelding actually hit 37/1 in-running on Betfair and I thought his goose was cooked but he eventually won. I'm thinking of going to the Dublin v Mayo all-Ireland semi-final this weekend so it was nice to earn a couple of quid to help pay for that.

I've been up since 6am studying the form and have found a few I think are worth a couple of quid. I've four on the form study, and two handicappers. Here's Timeform's comments.

7.50 Kempton - Moment Of Time
Placed in listed company at 3 yrs, and pick of these on her best efforts, but only third in a C&D maiden last time, and while not beaten far there, is clearly not bombproof. Tongue tied now.

4.55 Killarney - Orgilgo Bay
Will do better over further but sets strong standard on his 2 runner-up efforts, sticking to task when going down by ¾ length in Tipperary listed race last time (strong form). The one to beat.


7.10 Wolverhampton - Light From Mars
Won 2011 Newbury Spring Cup for David Nicholls. Not the force of old, though has shown a bit more on back of a break for new yard over C&D last twice. Shortlisted now in a seller.


2.50 Worcester - Royale's CharterChased home smart rivals on first 2 starts over fences. Still going well when unseating/falling in couple of competitive handicaps in January and strong claims on return to action.


Elsewhere in the handicaps, I like the look of First Morning (3.50 Worc) and Simarian (4.50 Worc), both of which look a pound or two ahead of the handicapper with penalties.


No new spread trades on the financials but my open trades are still currently in profit to the tune of fifty odd quid:



These are medium term trades based on a strategy I read in the excellent book Mastering the Trade
I don't want to sound like an ad for that book but it has helped me greatly and is well worth a read.


All trades in this strategy have stop losses, so I should just leave them be and check how they are doing each morning - but it's sooooo tempting to log in and check on them throughout the day. At one stage yesterday, they were down to about €6 in profit so it kinda goes to show what sort of swings we are dealing with here. Again, I shouldn't take too much notice of the daily ups and downs but I'm only human and it's impossible not to wonder how they are doing.



So far, my gold trade is a loser - I'd be a bit disappointed if I get stopped out for a loss on that one as gold is something I've done very well out of over the past couple of years. Very happy with the Brent Crude Oil sell though - with petrol prices going through the roof, I think we'll all be happy to see prices fall.

 As regards fitness, I went for a run yesterday (about 4K). I've quite a lot on this week but I hope to get out for something similar tomorrow. I'm still planning on doing the Dublin Marathon in late October but I must actually go and register this week which will make it certain.




Best of luck with whatever you do today.



Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment