Trading software

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday's racing tips

Didn't get to post yesterday as I was working on my book. It's coming along nicely again and I'm about 3/4 of the way through. It's about trading on the exchanges and it's nice to see light at the end of the tunnel although editing it will be another big job.

Had a great day on Tuesday, the S&P Gap trade I tipped worked out fantastically well so I earned a nice few bob from that. It's my absolute favourite trade to do - but there's no opportunities today, more's the pity. I only really do downside gaps as I find the strike rate much greater. Then the racing bet, Anna's Arch won very well so some nice money was made. I actually done that one 'old style' in the bookies as I was hoping for some ready cash. As much as I love the computer, there's still something magical about being handed real cash across the counter.

In today's racing, I've two form study bets today - Sizing Europe is very hard to oppose in the Clonmel Oil Chase (2.25) although at 1/4, no-one will be getting rich. In the following race at the same venue, Knockfierna looks the one to beat - although I must admit it's a worry to see it drifting in the market considering the yard it comes from. In the handicaps, Dark Energy and A Decent Excuse look a couple of pounds ahead of the handicapper in the 1.30 Ludlow and 1.55 Clonmel respectively.

Separately, I've been working on a new strategy that mostly involves favourites. I'll call it the favourites strategy for now for want of a better name but the horses may not always be the jolly. So far so good but it's early days. I've had 15 winners from 31 bets and a profit of 13pts has been shown to a level stake at Betfair SP, assuming commission is 5pc. One qualifier today, Havin A Good Time in the 2.20 at Southwell.

Sizing Europe should continue his form today:


No comments:

Post a Comment