Trading software

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Howdy

Just popping in to say hello as I haven't posted in a while. It's been a busy time with work so I haven't had much time to blog.

A few updates:

Place backing and laying
Still going well. I'm only risking twenty quid per bet (or twenty quid liability when laying) and I'm mixing a few strategies together to try make a few quid. After 92 bets, I'm up about two ton so I'm very happy with that indeed as it's effectively 10pts. Again, very early days and I'm not getting ahead of myself but I'd love to crack the place markets as they've frustrated me over the years.

Financial trading
Still making new highs on the S&P and I'm just jobbing the market, buying the gaps and dips. I've an open trade today - the gap between this mornings price and last night's close was about 40 pips. I normally like to see a bigger gap but I've went ahead and bought the S&P to take a chance. The trade has just pushed into profit so fingers crossed the Americans, who have now hit their desks, are feeling patriotic.

Vicky Miller
As mentioned, she sadly broke her leg on Friday. We may just look at getting another horse, we'll have to wait and see. It's a tough game sometimes and it's really unfortunate but these things happen. I'll update if or when we get a new horse.

Book
I'm still writing my book about trading on the exchanges. When I started, I thought it would take me a few weeks but how wrong I was! I've about 80% of it done now (excluding editing) and I just want to get it finished now as I don't want the information too dated. As mentioned before, I've had interest from publishers but I really need to kick on and get it done.

Running
Still out running 2-3 times a week. My daughter joined Taekwondo recently (which I'm very happy about - great for discipline) so I'm out running each evening she goes to the dojang as it's not worth my while going home. Running is now fitted back into a schedule so it's much easier to be disciplined.

Anyway, that's it for now, I hope to post later in the week and perhaps I'll discuss the place betting in a bit more detail when time allows.

Profit from backing/laying in the place markets:

No comments:

Post a Comment